30 Oct 2020
1. I am indeed disgusted with attempts to misrepresent and take out of context what I wrote on my blog yesterday.
2. Those who did that highlighted only one part of paragraph 12 which read: “Muslims have a right to be angry and to kill millions of French people for the massacres of the past.”
3. They stopped there and implied that I am promoting the massacre of the French.
4. If they had read the posting in its entirety and especially the subsequent sentence which read: “But by and large the Muslims have not applied the “eye for an eye” law. Muslims don’t. The French shouldn’t. Instead the French should teach their people to respect other people’s feelings.
5. Because of the spin and out of context presentation by those that picked up my posting, reports were made against me and I am accused of promoting violence etc on Facebook and Twitter…….. etc etc ……
1. When in a hole, the advice goes, stop digging.
2. However, some arrogant political types find it impossible to ever back down, say sorry, admit fault or just shut up.
3. Despite his other qualities ex-PM4/7 has amply proven himself to be in that category by this petulant blaming of everyone but himself for his own ill-timed and inappropriate comments that were crassly designed to curry favour with Muslim groups.
4. Instead of issuing a clarification and gracious apology for those remarks he has now moaned he was meanly ‘misinterpreted’.
5. Dr Mahathir has criticised the US President over just this form of behaviour, but fails to see it in himself.
6. Right thinking people, including Muslims, are therefore embarrassed and appalled.
7. There is only one way to respond to an outrage such as took place in a church and on the street in France, which is to issue a SHORT statement of respectful condolence and to condemn violence against unarmed civilians for which there are no excuses.
8. Everyone knows that. Except, it appears, this self-important old fellow who decided it was the moment to treat the world to in depth lectures from himself about perceived historic injustices that may or may not underpin this incident, but will NEVER justify such vile acts.
9. Next advised step? Hire a decent editor and issue thanks to Twitter for intervening to warn against your inappropriate remarks.
10. Better still, retire.